Tomorrow will take us two weeks into the new year and the new decade. Let's see how I'm doing with my resolutions so far, shall we? 1) Don't get sick.
So far, so good. If you don't count the tailbone that may or may not be broken (stupid motherfucking tailbone). I'm laying on my stomach writing this and haven't sat up all day, if that gives you any indication of my current comfort level.
I was in so much pain last night that I let Jessica, one of my derby dearhearts, put Icy Hot patches on my butt for me. On my actual butt. I'm pretty sure she saw more than she wanted to, but that's what derby sisters are for.
2) Stop obsessing over my damn hair.
Ah ha -hahha ha. Ha. Yeah, not.
3) Stop buying non-consumables.
So... maybe not so good. I have a whole year to get it right.
4) I will blog a minimum of five days a week.
I've been rockin that one like a rocking rock climber.
5) I will work on building strong friendships with women who want the same thing.
See above re: Jessica putting patches on my butt and below re: all the lovely ladies in the picture.
6) I will perfect a smile that I don't mind being photographed.
I think maybe it's just about looking happy without trying too hard. I'm getting there.
7) I will be a grown up in the ways that matter, and put off being a grown up for as long as possible in the ways that don't.
This one is baby steps, every day. I'm doing ok though. YAY me.
There you go. Two weeks in and I give myself a C+. No, a B-. Because it's the week of my birthday and I can.