- The large hadron collider scares the hell out of me if I think about it too hard.
- The bodies exhibit - you know, the one where people donated their corpses to be sliced very thinly... kind of like carpaccio I guess... ew - is on display at the Colorado Mills Mall. You know, the outlet one. When I saw it a year or two ago it was at the Natural History Museum. If I donated my body to some scientist and a few years afterwards I was touring the outlet mall of America, I'd be wicked pissed.
- Dating two men at the same time is not right - that's why they invented dueling.
- My grandparents neighborhood of Littleton is either the safest or the scariest place I've ever been. Witness - locked myself out yesterday while Mom and Grandma were at the hospital with Grandpa. While I was attempting to remove the screen from the front window and climb through, a police officer drove by. And ignored me. And the five inCREDibly loud dogs inside who were barking at me like I was a complete stranger. After I completely failed on the climbing through portion of my plan, I started serially door knocking, looking for a spare key or possibly a phone. I was welcomed with open arms at every location. No one cared that I was filthy and had absolutely no proof of what I was saying. Again - either awesome or terrifying. I can't decide. I'm pretty glad that copper didn't throw me in the hoosegow though.
- American Idol starts in a couple of weeks. I'm considering being a freak about it this year, seeing as how they've replaced Paula. I intend to watch a few episodes then side very strongly against the new girl. Or for her. I'm keeping an open mind on that, I guess - she's written some of Kelly Clarkson's songs and they're pretty much awesome to belt along with, so I'm leaning towards the 'for her' right now. I figure either way I have to watch at least once more before I'm too old to compete - at that point it will just be depressing.
- My Grandpa's nurses are funny and awesome and loving, and I'm sure there's a link between that and the overwhelming preponderance of women in the feild. Funny and awesome and loving are not solely female traits, of course, but I think we have the monopoly on them.
- I'm considering taking up smoking in solidarity for Obama. Probably the bubble gum cigarettes that have the flour inside the paper, if I can find them. But maybe the real ones if those fake ones are too hard to come by. If the president (elect) does it, it's good enough for this girl!
Stay tuned for my best of 2008 post! I have no idea what's going to be on it, but it's going to be legen.... wait for it ....dary.