Tuesday, March 11, 2008 Things I learned today:
1) Radicchio is disgusting. Really. It's like bitterness and crunchiness and grossness all rolled up into a nasty purple leaf. I remember wanting to make radicchio risotto when I was in college and not being able to find it anywhere - turns out Golden supermarkets were doing me a favor. Thanks, Golden supermarkets, I would have wasted some serious college student cash on that cabbage wannabe.
2) Cloey will eat anything if you put enough salad dressing on it. Hello, usage for the radicchio I picked out of my salad.
3) I always get what I want. Apparently. Except when I want it a lot - when I want it more than anything else. What kind of 'always get what you want' is that, hmm? The lame kind, that's right. And the very worst kind? Having the person who could give it to you telling you 'you always get your way', then kicking you out of their life. At least it helps you not want it anymore, I guess, huh?
4) Julianna Margulies has GREAT hair. I learned that women who have that crazy curly hair don't want it, but man, it looks good from this side of the fence. The mildly-wavy-curly-ish-if-you-don't-touch-it needs-straightening-if-you-want-it-to look-at-all-intentional side of the fence.
5) Any lawyer that dodges a soundbar ought to be disbarred.
6) Our favorite cake as adults is heavily influenced by what kind of cake our mothers made for our birthdays as children.
7) Just because it seems like two people are a good match on paper, it doesn't mean they'll like each other at all in person.
8) Unexpected reactions are addictive. Ok, I learned that while at brunch with my lovely friend on Saturday, but I remembered today so I'm listing it under things I learned today.
Eight things. Whoever said 'you learn something new every day' wasn't paying attention. It has been a really really bad day. But - look at what I have to show! Eight new things. Yay me.